Voltage Controller MM-VC1
For 2005 & later GM Application Alternators
with 2-Pin Harness Connection
DO NOT RETURN THIS PRODUCT!
First contact technical support at: 1 (888) MECHMAN
Works only with alternators with this 2-pin harness connection on GM vehicles
- Eye protection must be worn when working on batteries.
- Remove all jewelry before working on the electrical system.
- Always refer to a service manual for specifics about your vehicle’s alternator installation and electrical system.
- The MM-VC1 controller is not waterproof and should be mounted inside the passenger compartment away from any heat source.
- One MM-VC1 may control up to four (4) alternators. Custom wiring for this application is required.
- Turn off engine and let it fully cool.
- Disconnect the negative cable from the battery/batteries.
- Mount the controller (optional)
- Wire controller as shown below.
Note: Be sure the P103 module is installed, or a charge alert will show on the instrument cluster.
Firewall grommet: Wires passing through the firewall must be protected by a grommet. Either a hole can be drilled and a grommet installed or the wire can be routed through an existing grommet. Take care not to damage any existing wiring.